Most Western nationals are eligible for an on-arrival visa at the Queen Alia Airport for 40 JD (approximately 56 USD), however, we encourage international students to procure a visa in advance through the Jordanian consulates in their countries of origin. If you encounter any difficulty, please contact Wafid Institute and we will assist you. We advise our students to arrive in Jordan at least a few days before the orientation and initiation of the term to get all of their paperwork in order.
Points to be noted before you travel to Jordan:
- The expiration date of the passport must be at least six months in the future to be able to enter Jordan. If your passport expires in less than six months, it must be renewed before travel.
- After arriving at the Queen Alia Airport in Amman, please head to the Visa section to secure your on-arrival visa by paying 40 JD ($56) at the counter. The validity of this visa for most nationalities is 30 days. After which, you will have to apply for an extension.
- Soon after the classes begin, we will walk you through the process and assist you at the local bureaus for extending your visa for three months.
- If you wish to study with us beyond one term, then you would be required to apply for another extension at the end of the first three months and extend it up to a period of six months.
- With the completion of your six months in Jordan, you are required to leave the country unless you have acquired a residency permit. Most students use this interval as an opportunity to travel across the Middle East. Many fly to Turkey or Egypt, as there are excellent flight packages available for travel to these countries. After this short break, students return to Jordan to resume their visa term once again.
- For those who wish to enroll in the accredited course (with a Jordanian University), a Student Visa will be provided for you, preventing you from having to apply for multiple extensions of your visa. Additionally, you will also be granted an Iqaama (Student Residency Permit) which will make your stay here especially comfortable. Please check the Admissions section for full details.
You should not encounter any problems in reaching Wafid Arabic Institute from the airport. However, we do offer our students free airport pick up to make their travel hassle-free. If you’d like to take advantage of this service, you must inform us of your travel plans in advance.
You can rest assured that you will receive the best care in Amman from our very dedicated faculty and staff.